Episode 8: Defining and Measuring Culture: A Conversation with Shane Hatton, Leader Communication Specialist
Episode 8: The Power of Cultural Adaptability: Navigating Growth and Engagement with Shane Hatton
In this episode, we talked about:
- Culture should be understood and defined to effectively take action and shape organizations.
- Four key elements of culture include its collective nature, unseen elements like beliefs and values, observable elements like behaviors and practices, and the shared learning experience within a team or organization.
- Making culture explicit and transparent is crucial for strengthening it and enhancing employee engagement.
- Cultural adaptability is more important than culture fit in growing organizations, leading to higher promotion rates and employee retention.
- Leaders play a pivotal role in setting and maintaining the culture, and they should use recognition carefully and intentionally to reinforce desired cultural norms.